SecoGear IEC - 3.3kV - 27kV Metal Enclosed Switchgear
For over 80 years, General Electric has provided medium voltage equipment combining advanced technology with engineering excellence.
The SecoGear range provides the highest safety and reliability standards with a cost effective solution in the public distribution, industry and building sectors.
SecoGear is designed and fully third-party type tested to the latest IEC 62271-200 standards. It is fully isolated by earthed metal partitions for all the major compartments.
Innovative in its design, GE’s SecoGear is compact air insulated switchgear and leads the industry in safety, reliability, performance and sustainability. Fully IEC certified at the KEMA and IPH test labs to IEC 62271-100 and IEC 62271-200, meeting the requirements of LSC2B. SecoGear Switchgear is suited to provide control and protection for cables, transformers, capacitors and motors used across many industries. SecoGear excels anywhere that medium voltage power has to be switched, controlled and protected.
The typical rated voltage of SecoGear is 3.3/7.2/12/13.8/15/17.5/24/27kV and rated current ranges for SecoGear up to 17.5 is from 630A to 4000A (4000A force cooling), for SecoGear 24/27kV the rated current is up to 2500A. All SecoGear with a switching device is equipped with SecoVac vacuum circuit breaker or fuse contactor with corresponding specifications.
Features and benefits
- Indoor metal-enclosed (According to IEC 62271-200, loss of service continuity category (LSC) 2B and partition class is PM –metallic partition) switchgear designed for the MV section of HV/MV and MV/MV substation
- Air insulated switchgear.
- Safe and Reliable switchgear for universal indoor applications
- Equipped with the latest design embedded pole SecoVac vacuum circuit breaker
- Cable compartments with ample space for ease of power cable connection
- Fully arc-proof unit up to 50kA for 1 second AFLR
- Tested in accordance with the IEC international standards
- Tested to UBC zone 4 IBC 2012 intensity 9 for Seismic
- Front panel features easy operation and low maintenance
- Complete interlocking system to prevent incorrect operation and to improve safety
- Full Front Access for back to wall installation as optional
- Marine Applications available
Utilities and power plants
- Power generation stations
- Transformer stations
- Switching stations
- Main and auxiliary switchgear
- Generator Circuit Breaker
- Oil and Gas
- Pulp and Paper
- Data Center
- Underground transport
- Shopping malls
- Large infrastructure and civil works
- Drilling and Exploration